Friday, March 5, 2010

more thoughts

my day to day adventures in the world of guns and bows is something i look to each day.

it's a constant guessing game at what i might decide to do...one day, i might work on a rifle, the next day refletch some arrows...i never know.

I've been fortunate enough to have accumulated a selection of tools that enable me to do most jobs on guns and bows that the normal home hobbyist can do.

one problem i do have, though, is the fact that i sometimes get bogged down in a project that requires the replacing of a part that i do not have or cannot readily get. it usually ends up that the 'project' ends up in a pile of parts in a corner somewhere until i can locate or get the part needed. consequently, sometimes I'll have parts lying about for quite a while...a source of aggravation.

an example that comes to mind: quite a while back i purchased a new QB78 CO2 air rifle. i decided to replace the stock with a aftermarket one...i bought the stock. it took me approximately two years to finally get around to shaping it and inletting it. i then decided to do a "valve job" to extract more power from it. that took me another four to five years...all the while, this rifle has been in various stages of assembly, laying on a shelf somewhere in my shoppe. in the years since i purchased it, i doubt I've shot more than 100 pellets thru it...

i hope soon, to one day, complete a project within a "reasonable" time so i can keep up with having enough shoppe space to complete my "projects"...

sometimes i wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment