Thursday, May 13, 2010

a problem solved

it's taken me a while to "figure it out" but i finally came to the conclusion and solution that i have three rifles that operate on HPA and i should have a common source to feed them...duhhhhh

every PCP and CO2 rifle in existence has a different charging method and it's up to the owner to "co-ordinate" that with sources of air (should they wish to).

i am not a fan of CO2; it's very susceptible to weather and environmental conditions, so i switched one rifle to HPA simply by installation of a foster fitting...the other two HPA rifles i have are fitted for HPA by the factory. and yes, I'm aware there is an entire cult of CO2 users out there for airguns and paintball and I'm not 'bad-mouthing' or 'dissing' them; there are some advantages to using CO2 as a propellant.

i solved my dilemma by installing a common fitting on the hand pump i have and it's mating fitting on the rifles/adapters. now I'm able to feed all three rifles with the same hand pump. saves a lot of time, effort and $$$$ and did not 'break my bank'.

as i see it, shooting HPA may be the only way to go in the near future...mostly due to legislative and financial issues that are looming on the horizon for the shooting sports; i would not be surprised to see an attempt to legislate a limit on the draw weight poundage of bows, too. that's another subject to be addressed at another time, though...so i guess I'll just go have another cup of coffee and pump up my .25.

No comments:

Post a Comment