Sunday, June 20, 2010

i finally had

to start using the chronograph for figuring out my AF Talon and how many shots and how much KE/fpe it's developing.

I've done most of the modifications I'm going to on this particular rifle, now it's time to see what it'll do in the real world.

i spent a part of the day figuring out the 'zero' on the open sight i decided to put back on. where i like a scoped rifle, this particular rifle, since it's such an 'unconventional' design, will place the scope up really high over the action; it make it 'top heavy' insofar as I'm concerned. it makes it awkward and hard to carry.

anyway, i broke out the chronograph, a tin of my favorite pellets and set up and shot a string of fifty shots on a fresh refill of 2900 psi...not bad...high was 898 fps, low was 845 fps. that's an average of 871 fps with an avg of 23 fpe...right in the ball park with a standard out-of-the-box AF Talon. I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment